An Employment Visa (EV) is granted to foreigners who will be employed with a regular contract in India. This contract must include an annual gross salary of US$ 25.000,00 - benefits excluded. This limit is not applied to the following categories:
- ethnic cooks;
- language teachers and translators;
- staff working in the embassies and consulates in India.
Employment Visa is granted also to those who wish to work for recognized NGOs in India without getting any salary.
Employment Visa has a 1-year validity maximum and must be applied for this period; it can be later renewed applying to the concerned FRRO office.
Please pay attention not to make confusion between the Employment Visa and the Business Visa.
Hereunder you will find the conditions and the necessary documents to apply for Employment Visa.
Documents required for Emplyoment Visa
- Passport valid for more than 6 months and with 3 blank pages (also not in sequence).
- 2 photos - in colour, on a plain white background, 5x5 cm dimensions, recent and identical (same version of the photo to be uploaded with the online form).
- Application form duly filled in on line, printed and signed (apply for 6 months or 12 months - Multiple Entries and upload the photo on line).
- Appointment letter from the Indian company - it must be as follows: "The company has checked the educational and technical qualification of the candidate and found him/her suitable for the post". Any supporting letter from the INDIAN company must be headed as follows: "To the Consulate General of India, Milan - ITALY".
- Original employment contract duly signed + 1 copy. The contract must also include specification of the following: duration, tasks, place of work, salary and benefits, insurance and medical policy, declaration that the company will pay taxes as per current Indian laws.
140€ (6 months)***
220€ (1 year)***
***Non Italian passport holders, Italian citizens by naturalization or people with double nationality, must fill out the additional fax form. The Indian Government has also estabilished that some nationalities are subjected to the payment of special fees according to consular indications. For these extra special fees please contact our staff by mail.
A) Those going to India for voluntary work at recognised NGO without getting any salary must forward the following documents:
- Health insurance valid for the period of the studies; the insurance policy must be in English and related to the medical expenses.
- Copy of the bank account statement, belonging to the applicant or the guarantor (in this second case also a declaration in English must be provided by the guarantor stating that all expenses supporting the applicant will be at his own charge).
B) Citizens holding a foreign passport must provide copy of the stay permit or the certificate of residence as the Italian identity card is not enough.
C) In case the passport was issued less than 6 months before it is compulsory to forward:
- the old passport (if the present one is the first please download and fill in the related declaration in English);
- declaration in English in case the old passport has been held by the authorities.