ATTENTION: currently the release of the Project Visa has been suspended by the General Consulate of India in Milan. Please contact us for further informations.
The Government of India has introduced Project Visa (PV) under the Employment Visa Chapter for those Italian foreign nationals who are going to India for execution of a project in power and steel sectors.
Period of Visa would be determined on actual duration of the project contract. Initial Visa would be for 1 year or the period of the contract whichever is less. The employment working of the foreign personnel would be restricted to the location of the project only.
Project Visa would be subject to submission of relevant documents establishing that the project/contract has been assigned to the particular foreign company by the concerned Indian company. Usual invitation letters from both the parties inviting the expert would be required.
Project Visa is only for skilled / highly skilled persons.
A foreign national going to India on Project Visa will not be allowed to take up employment in the same Indian company for a period of two years from the date of commissioning of the project.
The Indian company would be responsible for the conduct of the foreign national during the period of the stay and to that effect give an undertaking in the invitation letter.
Prior clearance would be required if the project/contract falls in the Protected/Restricted Areas as notified by the Government of India.
Foreign nationals going to India on Project Visa will have to register with FRRO/FRO concerned with 14 days from the arrival if the validity of Visa is for more than 180 days.
Hereunder you will find the conditions and the necessary documents to apply for Project Visa.
Documents required for Project Visa
- Passport valid for more than 6 months and with 3 blank pages (also not in sequence).
- 2 photos - in colour, on a plain white background, 5x5 cm dimensions, recent and identical (same version of the photo to be uploaded with the online form).
- Application form duly filled in on line, printed and signed (apply for 6 or 12 months - multiple entries and upload the photo on line).
- Project visa application form duly filled in triplicate copy.
- Copy of the educational qualification - diploma / degree translated into English.
- Letter of employment from the Indian company.
- Contract of employment (original + 1 copy) duly signed.
135€ (6 months)
211€ (1 year)
***Non Italian passport holders, Italian citizens by naturalization or people with double nationality, must fill out the additional fax form. The Indian Government has also estabilished that some nationalities are subjected to the payment of special fees according to consular indications. For these extra special fees please contact our staff by mail.
A) Citizens holding a foreign passport must provide copy of the stay permit or the certificate of residence as the Italian identity card is not enough.
B) In case the passport was issued less than 6 months before it is compulsory to forward:
- the old passport (if the present one is the first please download and fill in the related declaration in English);
- declaration in English in case the old passport has been held by the authorities.