A Conference Visa (CV) is issued for 1 month to those going to India to attend a conference / seminar organized by Indian bodies / institutions / universities. It is also granted to those going to India to participate in International Sports Tournaments.
The application should be supported by an authority letter from the organization along with a letter about clearance of the event from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
Hereunder you will find the conditions and the necessary documents to apply for Conference Visa.
Documents required for Conference Visa
- Passport valid for more than 6 months and with 3 blank pages (also not in sequence) .
- 2 photos - in colour, on a plain white background, 5x5 cm dimensions, recent and identical (same version of the photo to be uploaded with the online form).
- Application form duly filled in on line, printed and signed (apply compulsorily for 30 days - Single Entry and upload the photo on line).
- Invitation letter from the Indian Institution/University - on the headed paper, in English, and addressed "To the Consulate General of India, Milan - ITALY".
- Invitation letter from the Italian Institution/University - on the headed paper, in English, and addressed "To the Consulate General of India, Milan - ITALY".
- Clearance letter from the Indian Ministry (MHA or MHRD). This is fundamental for the issue of the Visa and the Indian body/organization holds it. This document is issued by the in charge Ministry (MHA or MHRD) or by a Government department and similar: a list of these institutions can be checked on line visiting www.education.nic.in.
*** Plus 10€ per applicant who still has not been subject to data biometrics capture (fingerprints).
*** Plus 2€ per invoice (with VAT tax free total amount of 77,47 €) due to the government tax stamp valid since 1st Jan. 2019
*** Non Italian passport holders, Italian citizens by naturalization or people with double nationality, must fill out the additional fax form. The Indian Government has also estabilished that some nationalities are subjected to the payment of special fees according to consular indications. For these extra special fees please contact our staff by mail.
A) Citizens holding a foreign passport must provide copy of the stay permit or the certificate of residence as the Italian identity card is not enough.
B) Those attending international fairs with conferences / workshops must apply for Business visa.
C) In case the passport was issued less than 6 months before it is compulsory to forward:
- the old passport (if the present one is the first please download and fill in the related declaration in English);
- declaration in English in case the old passport has been held by the authorities.