A Journalist Visa (JV) can be granted for maximum 3 months, with single entry, to professional journalists, pressmen, photographers, film-men, representatives of radio and television and similar personnel in the field of information and mass media.
Applicants are strongly recommended to apply in advance as times for issue might be long.
Before applying it is advisable to book (through our staff) an interview with the Consulate, sending an email in English stating the following:
- Newspaper for which the applicant is working
- Indian counterpart (in case)
- Type of activities to perform in India, journey steps and appointments.
Hereunder you will find the conditions and the necessary documents to apply for Jounalist Visa.
Documents required for Journalist Visa
- Passport valid for more than 6 months and with 3 blank pages (also not in sequence).
- 2 photos - in colour, on a plain white background, 5x5 cm dimensions, recent and identical (same version of the photo to be uploaded with the online form).
- Application form duly filled in on line, printed and signed (apply compulsorily for 1 Month - Single Entry and upload the photo on line).
- Invitation letter from the Indian newspaper (in case) - on the headed paper, in English, and addressed "To the Consulate General of India, Milan - ITALY".
- Invitation letter from the Italian newspaper (in case) - on the headed paper, in English, and addressed "To the Consulate General of India, Milan - ITALY". In this letter the following must be well specified: "List of the equipment which will be taken to India, List of the steps/appointments and dates of the same".
- Filming Form duly filled (only for members of television and/or cinematographic troupes).
*** Plus 10€ per applicant who still has not been subject to data biometrics capture (fingerprints).
*** Non Italian passport holders, Italian citizens by naturalization or people with double nationality, must fill out the additional fax form. The Indian Government has also estabilished that some nationalities are subjected to the payment of special fees according to consular indications. For these extra special fees please contact our staff by mail.
A) Citizens holding a foreign passport must provide copy of the stay permit or the certificate of residence as the Italian identity card is not enough.
B) In case the passport was issued less than 6 months before it is compulsory to forward:
- the old passport (if the present one is the first please download and fill in the related declaration in English);
- declaration in English in case the old passport has been held by the authorities.