A Research Visa (RV) is granted to the research scholars / professors who wish to conduct research work in India.
Applicants are strongly recommended to apply in advance as times for issue might be long.
Hereunder you will find the conditions and the necessary documents to apply for Research Visa.
Documents required for Research Visa
- Passport valid for more than 6 months and with 3 blank pages (also not in sequence).
- 2 photos - in colour, on a plain white background, 5x5 cm dimensions, recent and identical (same version of the photo to be uploaded with the online form).
- Application form duly filled in on line, printed and signed (apply for 6 or 12 months - multiple entries and upload the photo on line).
- Invitation letter from the Indian university / authority.
- Invitation letter from the Italian university / authority (in case)
100€ (6 months)
140€ (1 year)
*** Plus 10€ per applicant who still has not been subject to data biometrics capture (fingerprints).
*** Non Italian passport holders, Italian citizens by naturalization or people with double nationality, must fill out the additional fax form. The Indian Government has also estabilished that some nationalities are subjected to the payment of special fees according to consular indications. For these extra special fees please contact our staff by mail.
Please note: before applying applicants are strongly advised to book an interview with the Consulate (through our staff), sending an email in English, pointing out the following:
- university / authority where the applicant will work;
- indian counterpart where the research work will be conducted;
- type of research to be conducted in India.
A) Citizens holding a foreign passport must provide copy of the stay permit or the certificate of residence as the Italian identity card is not enough.
B) In case the passport was issued less than 6 months before it is compulsory to forward:
- the old passport (if the present one is the first please download and fill in the related declaration in English);
- declaration in English in case the old passport has been held by the authorities.