A Tourist Visa (TV) is issued only to those who intend to go to India for tourism or casual visits to friends and relatives in India. No other activity is allowed. This type of Visa is also valid for those going to India on a cruise.
Hereunder you will find the conditions and the necessary documents to apply for Tourist Visa.
Documents required for Tourist Visa
- Passport valid for more than 6 months and with 3 blank pages (also not in sequence).
- 2 photos - in colour, on a plain white background, 5x5 cm dimensions, recent and identical (same version of the photo to be uploaded with the online form).
- Application form duly filled in on line, printed and signed (apply for 6 months - Multiple Entries and upload the photo on line).
DISCLAIMER! Kindly be informed that from the 20th of February 2017, the Consulate General of India in Milan requires for all Tourist Visa applicants also the submission of the following documents:
- Flight plan (round ticket);
- Confirmed hotel accommodations. In case of invitation from a friend, copies of invitation letter and photo ID card should also be attached.
*** Plus 10€ per applicant who still has not been subject to data biometrics capture (fingerprints).
*** Non Italian passport holders, Italian citizens by naturalization or people with double nationality, must fill out the additional fax form. The Indian Government has also estabilished that some nationalities are subjected to the payment of special fees according to consular indications. For these extra special fees please contact our staff by mail.
A) Those having double nationality must submit both passports when applying.
B) Those willing to visit Sikkim must specify it in the on line application form and confirm it when submitting the documents.
C) In case the passport was issued less than 6 months before it is compulsory to forward:
- the old passport (if the present one is the first please download and fill in the related declaration in English);
- declaration in English in case the old passport has been held by the authorities.